The Business Purpose
The consortium was organized by the department of Mongolian Studies, the department of Middle Eastern Studies, and the department of Portuguese, and Brazilian at Dankook University and the department of Vietnamese Studies at Chungwoon University in 2018. The Ministry of Education chose our consortium as an official institution for the promotion of the education of critical foreign languages in March 2018 and the institution is planning to carry out the national education policy until February 2022.
The consortium is planning to achieve the following three objectives.
1) Positioning the consortium as a regional hub in the capital area and the central part of Korea for the education of critical foreign languages
2) Opening the new Renaissance era and securing global competitiveness through the promotion of the education of critical foreign languages
3) Establishing smart education environment system and providing online education services
Consortium’s Field of Business
To achieve the above objectives, the consortium is expected to carry out the following tasks. The institution is planning to contribute to the creation of new demands for critical foreign languages and the extension of educational opportunity for critical foreign languages learners by establishing education infrastructure in the capital area and the central part of Korea.
1) The Advancement of Undergraduate Education
- Developing curriculum standards for critical foreign languages in cooperation with other universities and institutions
- Publishing textbooks for the education of critical foreign languages based on the developed curriculum standards
- Publishing Mongolian-Korean, Arabic-Korean, Portuguese-Korean, and Vietnamese-Korean dictionaries dealing with special subjects which meet social demands for these languages in Korea
- Developing the test of critical foreign languages (Mongolian, Arabic, Portuguese, Vietnamese) for international communication
- Improving undergraduate education system
2) Utilization and Development of Critical Foreign Languages Speaking Human Resources
- Securing outstanding human resources by providing graduate and undergraduate students with scholarship
- Improving crucial foreign languages skills by supporting various activities in the departments specializing in these languages
3) The Extension of Educational Opportunity for Critical Foreign Languages Learners and the Establishment of Education Infrastructure for Them
- Contributing to the spread of crucial foreign languages by participating in the development of K-MOOC in four languages (Mongolian, Arabic, Portuguese, Vietnamese)
- Developing the education programs of crucial foreign languages for businessmen, government employees, and the public
- Improving the educational environment by building high-tech smart classrooms for crucial foreign languages learners
- Creating effective teaching and learning environments by providing teachers and students with high quality language lab equipment, language learning system, language learning system and language lab software